[pct-l] Bear canisters

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Jul 6 20:55:04 CDT 2011

Good evening, Doug,

Thanks for the reminder.  In addition to demonstrating why all food must be
in the bear ‘can, this incident also illustrates why the ‘can must never be
left unattended in a pack or in anything else portable.  A bear can’t carry
off a “bare” ‘can; there must be something around -- or on -- the ‘can which
can be grasped by mouth.  That includes packs, plastic bags, fabric ‘can
carriers, straps, or even expedient duct-tape lashings.  If the gear simply
must be left unattended, the ‘can with all the goodies and smellies must be
locked, bare, and it must be placed away by itself.
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=265401

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09