[pct-l] More at Sonora, go around water

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Jul 4 20:07:17 CDT 2011

Just a quick comment about finding places to cross creeks...

Even the TRT, with its short (comparatively) creek drainages, has nasty,
deep, and fast creek flow rates and sizes right now. Thankfully for our dog,
Snowball, who is not smart about creeks at all,  we are still able to locate
snow bridges over which he can get across, but soon they will be gone and
he'll have to stay at home. Logs are usually found across most creeks we've
had to cross, so if you're willing to search up and down the stream, you're
likely to find a dry crossing.

If you get hasty and try to cross at the trail crossing, it is highly likely
that you will regret it right now. Take the time to search for a safe
location!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education