[pct-l] Yet again a request....

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:02:14 CST 2011

I'm an old hippie, and have been a mushroomer  for over 40 years.  While
training for the PCT last year, two friends and I ended up picking well in
excess of 600lbs of chanterelles.  Kind of a side benefit of training in the
winter on the Calif Coast. (I'm skiing Northstar at Tahoe this week, and the
garage is full of chanterelles as I write.)  On the way to Campo, I told
some mushroom stories, as I am wont, and the driver said, "dude, you're
Shroomer."  She was right, and the name stuck, as the folks in the van kept
it going.  It fit on several levels, and here we are.

There are a lot more exciting stories out there though.  Great ones for, The
Kern, Cliff Hanger, Red Head, and Psycho to mention just a few.  And there
are going to be many more as this year's class of 2011 gets underway.

Shroomer