[pct-l] Las vegas to Pct trail head

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Jan 26 17:45:31 CST 2011

You'll probably have to do your own research to forge a route. I
forged a route from Santa Barbara to the PCT meeting it at Hikertown.
It was not easy to forge a route but it was fun. The route was less
fun than planning it.

Anyway, Colin Fletcher in 1000 Mile Summer did a desert route up the
eastern edge of California. Perhaps you can research his route and
use part of it for yours.

Here's a very unhelpful picture of his route.
http://www.summitpost.org/the-thousand-mile-summer-route/532948/c-529076

You can probably find his book in the library if you don't want to
purchase it. I think it should be required reading for anybody who
hates and/or kills rattlesnakes.

Good luck and if you create a route, please share it here! At least I
would be interested in someone doing something as crazy as me.

Diane