[pct-l] Shipping a bear can

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jan 21 22:33:04 CST 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 8:03 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> I guess ultimately I wanted the convenience of coming and picking
> up the
> canister somewhere off the trail and shipping it back when I'm
> done.  They
> seem pretty bulky and if I can minimize my coast to coast shipments
> from my
> support back home

It's actually really easy to mail a bear canister. Bear Vault will
ship your bear can to Kennedy Meadows so you don't have to ship it to
your home. http://www.bearvault.com/bearvault_pct.php.

If you do order one and have it shipped to your home, your support
person can stick stuff inside it and slap a mailing label on it and
they'll mail it just like that.