[pct-l] PCT Bear Canister Loan Program - Request for Donations

Joshua Pinedo joshua.pinedo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 14:58:52 CST 2011

Thanks Jim,

I guess ultimately I wanted the convenience of coming and picking up the
canister somewhere off the trail and shipping it back when I'm done.  They
seem pretty bulky and if I can minimize my coast to coast shipments from my
support back home it would save me a little money and my buddy's time has he
would have one less task.  I also didn't want to purchase one just so it
could get sent back home and collect dust.  I suppose I could just buy a new
one and donate it, but then I would still need to get it sent to me when I
reach bear country.  I can certainly donate money to the program, but I also
want to make sure that I'll be able to actually use my donation, if not,
then I'd just buy one myself and keep it I guess.

JP