[pct-l] Using a Canadian Iphone for the trail...

Michael Pinkus mikepinkus at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 16:04:40 CST 2011

Hi all,I am trying to figure out how to do communications on the trail. If I buy an iPhone 4 directly from Apple Canada, it is a factory unlocked phone and I can use it with any provider. So, what is the best way to do this from the U.S. and how? I would like to be able to text people at home and do basic email as well as be able to phone if need be. Do I just go somewhere and say 'here's my phone, sign me up?' Or.......?
I'm not getting any messages from the pct-l list at the moment, but I welcome off-line replies.
cheers,Mike