[pct-l] Tents

Lisa Freathy rainorshinecamper at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 23:23:55 CST 2011

I recently got the B.A Flycreek 1 for my 2011 thru. I have not yet been on the
PCT and have only used 2 times (once in the rain), but I like it. I'm 5'4" and
it is plenty long for me, however my head just brushes the top so somebody
taller would not be able to sit all the way up. I also had to get used to the
idea of needing to stake out the back two corners (as the center pole only meets
at one point on the back in the middle) but I have played with it a couple of
times and don't mind that as much any longer. As I had read in other reviews,
the water does spill right off the rain fly onto your head when opening in the
rain which is annoying. But it is lightweight (for a tent), great view of the
sky w/out fly or even just w/fly door open, easy to set up and packs down very
small (for a tent).

I'll find out soon if it is a good option for the PCT!

Happy Hiking!
 Lisa

"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb
a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
~ John Muir