[pct-l] Speaking of Ants

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:35:18 CST 2011

Smiles and I sat down for lunch under a tree in the same area, and given the
lack of shade, it probably was the same tree.  We blithely spread a ground
cloth and commenced to eating when I looked back at my pack leaning against
the tree and saw that it was covered in ants.  Then we noticed they were
swarming the ground cloth, and our legs.  And did they stink!  I was
knocking them off my shirt and hat for the rest of the day.  Nasty, nasty
little beasties.  I found them dead and alive in the crevices of my pack for
days.  And they still stink after they are dead!  I'll bet it was the same
tree.

Shroomer