[pct-l] Smart phones

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 15:23:32 CST 2011

i don't own a droidX,  but it is my understanding based on the guy at the
verizon store that these phones will not find GPS based on satellite, but rather
based on Wide Area Augmentation signal, which is broadcasted from cell towers.

no cell service, in this case, means no GPS.   which is pretty much all the
places on the trail where you'll NEED it,  ie, fuller ridge.

~Paul