[pct-l] best places to buy your own food:

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 01:28:27 CST 2011

In 2007, I made a conscious effort to spend as little as possible at VVR.  I
had planned to go in on the afternoon boat, but while I was waiting I met
some fishermen who took me across the lake in their boat.  So, the boat ride
in was free.  Left the next morning.  I got away with a $66 tab, which
included:

Picked up one maildrop (I *think* that cost $15 in 2007)
Laundry
Shower
Dinner
Breakfast
one-way ride back to the PCT
probably some miscellaneous snacks and tasty beverages.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com