[pct-l] Bounce Box Strategies

Katie Muilenburg katiedm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 18:55:47 CST 2011

I agree with Steel Eye that I really, really, really don't want to do a
bounce box for my hike.

I don't need town clothes.  Can buy ibuprofen etc as I need it.

One question I'm still investigating is the maps.  I'm thinking of just
having my necessary map/databook etc sections mailed to me from home
strategically and periodically.  That should never be much more than $2 per
package (which fixes the cost issue).  However, I would still have to make
sure to be in town when the post office is open... Other ideas?

Regarding those who do bounce, a 5-gal does seem a little excessive.
 Laundry detergent is a good suggestion.  On a lighter side, what about a
plastic ice cream tub duct taped shut?  Might save a bit on shipping.  Or
might not be strong enough to hold up?