[pct-l] underwear on the trail?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 02:01:42 CST 2011

Paul I'm with you.  All underwear ends up chafing me, so it was commando all
summer.  No chafe, no drying problems, no fungus down there, and all this by
just cutting out the liner in a light pair of jogging shorts.

Now others had more problem with this than me.  Red head wasn't named that
because of red hair on his head.  He tried to go commando at the beginning
of the hike and it didn't work out so well, hence his trail name.  For some
the chafing starts when the underwear comes off, and for others it's the
other way around.  Train with what ever choice you want to try, and always
carry some neosporin.  Early in the hike, my tube was used up by several
others who got butt chafe so bad they could hardly walk without a bit of the
stuff.  I think we were able to replenish the supply at Warner Springs.

Shroomer