[pct-l] stove burn time

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 22:01:17 CST 2011

Below you can find information about different stoves which includes the burn time, estimated fuel usage and cost.

commercial stoves
http://hikethru.com/hiking-information/stoves

homemade alcohol stoves and Esbit stove
http://hikethru.com/hiking-information/backyard-science/homemade-stoves

I have used a lot of stoves while backpacking.  I made all the alcohol stoves listed in the above link and made many more not listed.  In my opinion a canister (butane/propane) stove is the safest and best way to go for a thru-hike.  I am providing the information on all the other stoves so that you can make a more educated choice in stove selection.

I understand everyone has different needs.  Good luck in selecting the best stove for your needs.

I hope this information helps.

Paul

Hikethru.com