[pct-l] Alcohol stoves

Mike fox15rider at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 23:45:12 CST 2011

The best Alcohol stove I have found is to make your own out of a cat food
can.. You dont have to be handy to build this trust me.. A pair good hole
punch and a can of cat food and you will have it built in 2 minutes.    The
nice thing about the cat food can is you can replace it at any grocery store
if needed.

I have a Vargo Triad but I have found I like a cat food can a little more.
The triad is an enclosed fuel capsule so it harder to tell how much fuel you
have pored into it to know when its full. . The stove is very stable
specially when you push the bottom 3 legs into the dirt.   No problem
lighting it.. You just need to over fill it a tad so their is a dim size
amount of fuel in the middle and then let it burn for 45 seconds to prime.
It also helps to spill a little fuel down the side so its burning from the
ground to prime it.  The triad is hard to fill as you have to fill it
through the little hole in the center. Which means you have to have a squirt
bottle cap on your fuel bottle. The nice thing about the cat can is you just
dump fuel in.. And as we will probably just use a water bottle or something
this makes it nice.  The other nice thing with the triad is its titanium and
pretty much crush proof although it seams as if the fold out pot stands
could break.

I have never seen the Evernew stove.. thanks for that it looks pretty nice.

Thats my 2 cents.
Thumper
www.mspct.com