[pct-l] So. Calif. Desert Water Caches

Eugene Leafty atetuna at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:13:54 CST 2011

Here's how I look at it.

If the water report says there was recently a lot of water running at a
creek, I trust that it will still be running when I get there.  Same with
pipe springs.

I don't trust that unnatural water sources will have water left, even if the
water report said it had plenty.  This includes caches, tanks and troughs.
It just takes one greedy, sloppy or malicious person to mess these up.
Unless I have the stamina to reach the next source without any water without
a lot of discomfort, and I often do not, I'll carry extra water.

Two parting thoughts:

1. Use the water report

2. Update the water report