[pct-l] So. Calif. Desert Water Caches

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 20:08:08 CST 2011

Dear PCT,

Thank you everyone!  I think I will bring my down jacket, it isn't that
heavy and I love to use it as a pillow anyway when it is not too cold.  I
think I will bring the Platapus bladder or 2 so I have the option of using
them.  I like to be self sufficient but I have no problem sharing under
adverse situations.  I'm bringing less food on the dry stretches to hold
more water and resupplying a little more often.  Now I just have to study
the maps some more to limit my surprises, maybe figure out some off trail
water sources.  Then I have to figure out where I want to mail my resupply
etc.  I'm only doing a section hike so I don't have the logistical nightmare
that some of you have.  But I do want to try to nail as much of the Southern
CA section as I can without burning too much vacation time from work.

Melanie