[pct-l] So. Calif. Desert Water Caches

albert at survivalcrafters.com albert at survivalcrafters.com
Wed Jan 12 12:23:46 CST 2011

I'm missing some concept here, how can you cache your own water? If we
arrive at the starting point and walk north towards Canada how would you get
water placed out there ahead of your starting point? Drive? Walk part of the
distance north and place water and then go back to the start and start again
with more water? I live about a 45 minute drive from Campo but have never
been there (go figure), can I drive over a week ahead of time and cache
water for later? If so, could I load up my car with 50 gallons of water and
just make a day of filling up caches along the way for everyone?

We did have heavier than normal rains here in San Diego a few weeks ago but
today it's a beautiful 74 degrees and we're headed into at least a 2 week
heat wave (low 80's) according to weather reports, no telling what the next
few months will bring water wise but it's feeling like it's going to be an
early, hot & dry summer to me.

Oops, kind of long. How do you cache water?

-Albert