[pct-l] Giardia

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Mon Jan 10 21:44:27 CST 2011

Wow-I also got bad diarrhea after doing the PCT section between SIerra City and Belden in 2009. When my friend met me at Belden I was having bad cramps and could not enjoy an off trail dinner that I was looking forward to. It took weeks to wear off, although I continued on the trail.  I also had a re-currence of it after eating at Drakesbad as well. I had to stop every hour on the trail through northern Lassen Park and made it into Old Station with bad cramping. I finally recovered totally.

--Fireweed