[pct-l] Fixing a leaky water bladder

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:42:57 CST 2011

I have to agree they are inexpensive enough to replace and do u really want
to be worried about your water supply whip on the trail it we suck to lose
all your water.
On Jan 5, 2011 7:25 AM, "Kevin" <hikelite at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is not the answer you want to hear, but when they leak, the solution
IMHO is to replace them. Um a fan of the MSR Hydromedary. YMMV

> Misspellings and typos brought to you by iPhone.
>
> On Jan 4, 2011, at 6:49 PM, Nathan Miller <erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> I have an older Lowe 2.5 L water bladder. It sprung a leak where the body
of the bladder seals to the plastic collar to which the hose screws. Is
there a way to seal this? I mentioned Plumbers Goop to a gal at REI and she
just about had a coronary (okay, slight exaggeration, but she clearly both
thought and felt that this was a terrible idea). I'd tried carrying the
bottle upright as I hiked, but the leak let air into it and interfered with
the suction through the hose (for some reason, my Sawyer filter doesn't suck
air well, so it tends to cause suction problems if air gets into the line).
I imagine this sort of thing happens regularly and that some of you have
solutions.