[pct-l] The Difficulty with Section Hiking is finding a shuttle or a second car

treerings at gmail.com treerings at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:24:39 CST 2011

I'm going north from Independence to Dunsmuir in July (730 mi). I live in
Sacramento. I'll take Greyhound to Reno, then Eastern Transit Authority
Shuttle to Independence down 395. I'll get back home from Dunsmuir via
Amtrak. Very easy, convenient and pretty darn cheap. I could ask friends and
family to help, but it's a pretty major rt drive. I'm already pushing it
being gone about a month from raising the kids! Amtrak and Greyhound are a
cheap and flexible PCT resource. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.