[pct-l] Onion Valley/Kearsarge commercial horse resupply

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 00:43:28 CST 2011

Spendy? Yes, but you have no idea what they have to go through to get a
supply box there in the first place. Yhey also have several options that let
you share the cost of an already-scheduled pack train delivery up over the
pass to the Kearsarge Lakes or even Charlotte Lake. Saves you the walk down,
and back up, the east side of Kearsarge Pass. They are nice people to deal
with, despite having had their pack station broken into and vandalized by
hikers in the past. Be advised that they don't usually open the pack station
until late June, so check ahead before shipping anything to them.

Email Danica Berner at pinecreekps at aol.com  or call 800-962-0775 for current
resupply pricing and details. This station is not always manned, but they
will have someone there for your scheduled arrival time. If you miss that,
they have another way for you to get your box. They will tell you what that
is when you make arrangements with them. Note that I am copying them on this
response so they can be aware of interest generated from the PCT_List Forum.

Wandering Bob