[pct-l] Nail in the coffin, y'all ...

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 20:57:36 CST 2011

Anyone from Chicago want to run a "yous guys" gangsta slang thread?

Or Spanish speakers can compare their use of informal "tu" and formal
"usted" with the Old English use of their informal "you" and formal "thou"
usages.  So
informal:    tu = you
formal:  usted = thou
Castillian Spanish has the Vosotros = y'all...

We Americans (as in north and south) got rid of the Vosotros and Thou!  I'll
defer to Ernie here...

We could do this all day!