[pct-l] recommendations for very small accessible sections for visiting foreigners

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 09:46:23 CST 2011

are they on a specific time crunch?

in my opinion, the earlier in the trail the better (for you) because you aren't
going to want to slow down in washington and oregon to the 10 miles a day they
might do... especially with winter coming, etc.  i nthe earlier stretches you
will be doing less mileage, and in the REAL early stretches the trail is very
well graded and maintained.

if it's both your folks, they could rent separate cars;  park one at the cajon
pass, then drive together to big bear, and walk that stretch with you.  do they
have the needed gear for such a trip ? that piece certainly is scenic...

it's going to be really determined by when they can fly out here.  in general
resupply sections are closer to the trail in the beginning as well.

i have told my fam / friends, that if they want to come see me to make it as
close to the start as possible, or be prepared for long grueling days.

~Paul