[pct-l] Raingear: Parcho Questions

Ken Marlow pcthiker at cox.net
Mon Feb 28 18:35:13 CST 2011

About a week ago, someone from the rainy Pacific NW mentioned he was using a Bill/Gurwell/Quest Outfitters Bilgy Parcho. If you happen to catch this msg. a few questions:
Do you find the cut of the arms restricting (looks like one can only lift them halfway up to straight-out)?

Quest offers patterns & fabric for 'with' and 'without pack', but Bilgy's site as this dizzying size determination for 'lightweight pack' and 'large pack'. Did you get yours from Quest (it appears the only place to buy the kit). And was their patterns for both sizes and all the in-between dimensions that Bilgy lists?

What do you do with all those height, width, pack projection sizes that Bilgy mentions. Do the provided instructions tell you, along with marks on the patterns?

What size did you settle-on and did you get an idea of finished weight?

Yea...I'd consider my ULA Circuit a lightweight pack, until the possible added height of carrying a bear canister.... what to do, what to do (tried emailing Bill a couple weeks ago, no response).

Thanks a bunch in advance,

    -Ken Marlow