[pct-l] Trail Humor (raw and crude: reader beware)

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 11:17:44 CST 2011

The following attempt at trail humor should not be read by the easily offended.
If you are easily offended by crude trail humor, please hit the delete button.
Any semblance to actual persons or events is coincidental. (As Law and Order would say: "Ripped from the pages.")
A heavy trucker thru-hiker was planning a rendesvouz with his fiance in Manning Park. Since they were unable to hook up as planned in California, it had been a very, very long time since they had been together or even seen each other.

"How will I recognize you?" she asked during one of their many phone conversations.

"Don't worry," he replied. "I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the only one wearing mid-ankle leather boots and a 50-pound pack strapped to my back."

"So how will I recognize you?" he asked.

"Don't worry," she replied. "I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the only one with a mattress strapped to my back."

Ernie Castillo

PCT Class of 1980