[pct-l] Half-Plank-length maps and waypoints

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 10:42:42 CST 2011

Talk about geeks, the trail is full of them.  Two lovely elderly ladies who
follow the trail and are angels part of the year, were giving us a ride from
Idyllwild in a big van full of dirty thru hikers last year.  They had just
read an article that claimed that the average education level of a PCT thru
hiker was a masters degree.  I asked the 6 hikers in the van what their
education was and we had a lawyer, a doctorate degree, 2 masters and 2 BA's.
 So yah, your going to be hiking with some very geeky people.  The trail is
crawling with them!  Well, they crawl when they've got giardia, no matter
what their degree.  Underneath all that geek they're just dirty hiker trash!

Shroomer