[pct-l] Mid Life Crisis- Tell me where to go

David Mason Bigdave at bigdavemason.com
Thu Feb 24 14:07:13 CST 2011

I’m turning 50 in June and I told my wife I don't want a girlfriend or a
Porsche. Instead I am going to take a 100 mile solo walkabout.  I’ve got my
ENO Doublenest Hammock (I’m 6’6” 315lbs), Amsteel suspension, DIY Tyvek
tarp, Blizzard Survival Tube (just ordered), Hammock Bliss mosquito net,
ESBIT stove and 24 oz aluminum pot (empty Heineken can).  I had my PCT route
all planned out (Wrightwood to Agua Dulce) but I just found out that the
Station Fire has rerouted the PCT onto roads for about ½ of my planned
route. He is where I need help- I somewhere to hike! Here are my parameters-
1.	Closer to San Diego the better
2.	Must allow dogs (Red Rover is coming)
3.	Must have trees
4.	Must be 100 miles
5.	A road crossing or town would be nice

Should I find another section of the PCT.A series of connected trails would
be fine, a loop would be ideal.. Please help!