[pct-l] For those rejected by Canada...

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 18:43:39 CST 2011

One thing to keep in mind in deciding to go on to Manning Park or hike back,
is that, in my opinion, the mountains you have just come through are much
more spectacular than the walk into Manning Park.  I'm going back up there
in August/September to do the whole section again because it's so beautiful.
 The walk north of the border is nice, but it is nothing like the last 20 or
30 miles of US mountains, and the views into Canada.

The resort at Manning Park is kind to us hikers and gave us access to their
laundry, a good restaurant, pools and hot tubs.  And at that point that
might be an irresistible draw, but the 8 miles in Canada does not even come
close to the magnificent vistas, cirques and valleys you've just been
through.  Just plan to do it twice and you won't have to return next year as
I'm doing to see it again.  You're not missing much by turning around.

Shroomer