[pct-l] SPOT Alternatives

ron guay ron.a.guay2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:51:35 CST 2011

BN importing:  I think you need the free ASTRO app too... Not sure...but
what I do is:

1. Using Skyfire web app...I download Halfmile's map to the 'downloads'
directory.  Section CA-A for example.
2.  Using ASTRO file manager I extract the zipfile to the same 'downloads'
directory.
3.  Now, while holding my phone vertical, I open BN and select Trip
Data....Start New Trip File...'PCT CA A' for example
4.  I then select Trip Data again and select Import...
5.  Now using the basic BN file browser, I navigate to
/mnt/sdcard/downloads/..... now in that folder you should see the extracted
folder ca_section_a_map.  Selecting that folder should show two gpx files.
Select one file and BN should bring you to another screen.  Now, with your
phone vertical, you should easily see the Start button.

Let me know if you have difficulty seeing your map/waypoints.  The key is to
select Maps from the menu and make sure the. ' offline' maps isn't
selected...(until of course you have the map downloaded to your phone).  I
find MyTopo maps are best...

I !hope this helps