[pct-l] getting into Canada with a prior conviction

Connie Davis connielavondavis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 23:29:31 CST 2011

There are ways to get into Canada if you have a prior conviction.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g153339-c49436/Canada:Dwi.Or.Dui.Driving.Convictions.html

You may be deemed "rehabilitated" if enough time has lapsed since your
sentence was completed or you may file paperwork for individual
rehabilitation which may take up to a one year wait and requires a fee:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/conviction.asp

We live in BC, our kids and their SOs live in WA state and they come to
visit.  There is a lot of sharing of info, especially court and criminal
records between the US and Canada. We know because they ask one of our
family members occasionally about an over-10-year-old conviction. He carries
copies of his clean record since then with him, just in case. Some of our
Canadian friends have the same problem going the other way.

Lookout
Hope, BC just east of Manning Park
with about 5 inches of new snow