[pct-l] Rain training....

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:57:44 CST 2011

Only time I felt a little weird wearing my rain skirt was in the Laundry at
Tehachapi.   I walked into the laundry right from the trail.  Took off my
shirt and put on my rain top. Then I put on my rain skirt and dropped my
pants.  Then every piece of clothing except my rain gear went into the
washer.

I don't think the regulars were used to thru hikers. I doubt there was a
person in the place that even knew the PCT existed.  I got lots of strange
looks while I was sitting there in rain gear waiting. I was this dirty,
smelly guy in a bright orange plastic skirt.   When my clothes were done I
reversed the undress process and walked out with clean clothes and went to
grab some food.

Day-Late