[pct-l] i injured my back ... advice ?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Feb 17 12:48:27 CST 2011

Say Paul,
I suffered a ruptured disk from a fall in the Grand Canyon about 10
years ago and suffered a partial tear in my back muscle about 20 years ago.
What seemed to work best for me to to relief the pain and relax the
muscles to allow them to heal was to sit in a jacuzzi and let the hot
water jets massage and relax the injured muscles.
It really soothed and relaxed the injured muscles allowing them to heal.
When muscles hurt they have a tendency to tighten up which hinders the
healing process.
The healing process is enhanced when the muscles are relaxed.
That is one of the reason for pain medication...to relax the muscle to
enhance the healing.

JMT Reinhold