[pct-l] Lifespan of cheese

'Sourdough' Foster athruhiker2006 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 01:52:01 CST 2011

Personal Choice. Actually only one I am personally aware of that will keep for a
long time regardless of refrigeration is Hoop Cheese. Typically you find it in
those good ole country stores where it has been sitting out for days and days
and they cut off any size chunk for you that you desire. Good enough for country
stores, good enough for my pack! :-) S'do

Hoop cheese

 Many cheeses will last without refrigeration (like many foods found in the
fridge).  I came across a new one tonight called 'Hoop Cheese'.  It is a Mild
Cheddar, I bought it at Food Lion.  It does not require refrigeration, even
after it is opened.

  I like the taste, it is good for a mild cheddar, does not have an overly
processed taste.

What other foods do you use that do not require refrigeration(but are usually
found in the refigerator)?