[pct-l] Sleeping Pads

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:08:03 CST 2011

> From what I've heard, people do not feel cold sleeping on the
> neoair. My boyfriend has one and he really likes it.

Just thought I would throw my voice in here...

With my NeoAir by itself I *have* felt ground-cold a few times.

I should note that I use a quilt and not a bag. I was inside of a HMG Echo 1
tent too.

After that, what I started doing is using the NeoAir and the Z-Lite combo.

I already had the smallest z-lite they sale and I just cut it to be torso
length - this also allows it to do double-duty as a chair.

A cheaper (and lighter) alternative than the z-lite pad would be the GG
Thinlight Insulation Pad 1/8" (10 bucks) - but, I already had the Z-lite pad
and I happen to like it better than my GG pad for sitting around on.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

John
www.RedwoodOutdoors.Com