[pct-l] FW: Sleeping Pads

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:50:13 CST 2011

dnielsen wrote:

Eric - I have that BA pad and found it very comfortable but seemed like it
was getting cold at around 35 degrees for me, cold sleeper.  I tried this
side by side with my Ridge which sure seemed warmer but harder.  I would be
very concerned with that BA pad at 15 to 25 degrees but have not done that
yet.  Have you used it in cold temps?

I've used it for snow-camping but with a RidgeRest under it.  Seemed to be
ok for me.  I definitely see how if your sleeping bag doesn't cover the
whole pad you might leak more heat to the air with an inflatable pad than
with a closed-cell pad.  I'm a pretty average sleeper temp-wise and I've
been satisfied with the BA insulated pad overall.

Eric