[pct-l] FW: Sleeping Pads

Eric johner27 at evergreen.edu
Wed Feb 16 13:28:12 CST 2011

Both of these are great answers, but I also believe in some comfort while
out in the backcountry, and sleep is one of, if not THE most important part
of hiking.  I myself am having issues with pads as I have very wide
shoulders and the 20" standard for pads nowadays leaves my shoulders hanging
off the sides of most pads.  However, as far as comfort goes, Kevin is spot
on with the NeoAir suggestion; it's definitely more comfortable and lighter
than a combo Ridge-Rest and Prolite.  Probably about the same price total as
well.  That's what I would go with to achieve the comfort level that I think
you are looking for, or perhaps buy a pad from www.kookabay.com - similar to
the NeoAir.

Not to hijack this series, but anyone have ideas for those with wider
shoulders? I emailed Kooka Bay about a custom one but they haven't gotten
back to me yet.

Regards,
Eric