[pct-l] FW: Sleeping Pads

dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com
Sun Feb 13 10:28:07 CST 2011

  _____

From: dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com [mailto:dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 9:22 AM
To: 'pct-1 at backcountry.net'
Subject: Sleeping Pads

Looking for suggestions on sleeping pads for a back that is going on 50 and
has some miles on it.  Currently use full length Ridge Rest but it seems
harder all the time.  I am willing to carry a little extra weight on this
item in order to sleep better.  I like the durability of the Ridge Rest and
hate to give it up.  Was thinking of coupling a short ProLite  with it as I
need the cushion at my hips and chest but need some padding at my knees and
want insulation full length. Would like to know if anyone has tried this or
have other suggestions, particularly if you are in my age group and/or have
back issues.  Thanks