[pct-l] Trails crossling roads, was: Re: Navigation. Which Compass skills are needed?

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Mon Feb 14 08:37:19 CST 2011

I've never seen this brought up.  I know of at least one instance, there's probably many more, where the guidebook section ends at a wide, busy road.  The next section of the guide starts on the other side.  Just standing on the side of the road and looking across, you cannot tell where the trail starts on the other side.  Might be something for guide writers to think about.