[pct-l] halfmile maps on Droid X

James F. Miller jamesfmiller at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 23:15:07 CST 2011

My question is.

>From the maps and the waypoints on the maps can I get the UTM coordinates?

If so how?

 no trail name,
Jim Miller

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:09:56 -0800
Subject: Re: [pct-l] halfmile maps on Droid X
From: jimbravo2 at gmail.com
To: halfmile at pctmap.net
CC: jamesfmiller at hotmail.com; pct-l at backcountry.net

Thanks halfmile!! I'm new to smartphones and GPS, but I just loaded Backcountry Navigator Pro 3 or 4 hours ago, and just downloaded your Section A .gpx files into my phone (Samsung Fascinate) and it worked!!  The topo map is showing the PCT trace and waypoints as clear as Tahoe water! Now I just need to save the topo sections around your PCT trace onto my SD card so I can use them without cell service. Hey, If I can do this, anyone can do it. It's a Festivus miracle.

Jim
Somerset, CA

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Halfmile <list at lon.net> wrote:

James,
Backcountry Navigator Pro imports .gpx files. Go to trip data > import
> then select the .gpx file. If you don't see the "start import"
button turn the phone vertical, sometimes it the button doesn't show
up when the phone is horizontal.

http://www.backcountrynavigator.com/content/gpx-file-android-gps-app-tracks-and-waypoints

BCN pro was updated last week and now shows the correct waypoint icons
for most of my waypoints.

-Halfmile

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM, James F. Miller
<jamesfmiller at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Will all the maps for the PCT fit on an X
>
> I have the standard 16 GB  SD card..
>
> Other question is my Droid can't read the GPX format of the halfmile waypoints. How do I correct that?
>
> I have Backcountry Navigator Pro on the phone.

To unsubcribe, or change options visit: