[pct-l] Verizon Cell Phones???

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 11:37:12 CST 2011

I have the Droid X from verizon I use a free app called run  keeper pro.
Tracks your progress shows u where u are via gps and it tells u where u have
been and your avg. Pace.  I also got backcountry maps which is another app
which allows u to download the halfmile maps into your phone.  I also am
pretty sure it is compatible with the new SPOT.  I will have my droid with
me as my all in 1.  If u are planning a thru hike how are you going to keep
the batteries charged as all these features require your phone to be on im
pretty sure the spot uses blue tooth to connect to your phone and the apps
require u to keep gps on.  Keep it in mind I know with my droid x I wont go
more than 2 days before I will need a charge.  Jmho.
Gerry0625