[pct-l] Virtual through-hike?

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 00:46:35 CST 2011

>I'd do the Survivor one!  Although if people were placed on the trail with no gear like they do on Survivor, I think it may turn into an issue.  Since they stay in one place on Survivor they aren't burning the calories or losing water as fast as hiking.  Though I guess you could make up for the lack of gear in milage and just drink unfiltered water?

Those people really aren't in any sort of trouble at any time anyway...not really.  There has to be someone to at least hold the camera, do the make-up and direct the cameraperson and make-up artist...and maybe a producer.  Now if the parameters of the show dictate that everyone has to make whatever they "need" from what's available (or made available), it could make the hike a lot more like what folks in the 1800's had to do.

-Nate the Trail Zombie
Newberg, OR