[pct-l] Shoes

Ben Glenn ben at benglenn.net
Fri Feb 11 12:44:57 CST 2011

Hi all,

I have a pair of Salomon XA Pro 3d trail runners that I think will work well for the Sierras and beyond, but Yogi recommends lightweight, breathable, light-colored shoes for the desert. So I have a few questions:

- How important is the color of the shoe?
- Do highly breathable/mesh shoes gather more dirt/rocks?
- Should we really start out one size bigger than normal?

I'm considering these two shoes:

http://www.rei.com/product/809412
http://www.nextag.com/asics-gel-ds-trainer/compare-html

Would love your thoughts and suggestions. Looking forward to meeting some of you at kick-off, if not before (I'm in SF).

Ben aka Blim Blam