[pct-l] Insole material

Steven dvsteven dvsteven at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 11:35:13 CST 2011

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some information that might be handy for those with a need or desire.

I've been breaking in some custom orthotics (Plantar Fascitis (stretches are a life saver)) and my footwear for my thru this year.  A long story short the orthotics and shoes gave me terrible blisters on short (7 mile) hikes with medium weight (25 pounds), I wear liners and socks and don't normally have any foot problems with my favorite boots.

I was looking for some super thin, cushioning insoles and really couldn't find what I was looking for so I called Spenco up.  They directed me to Texas Insoles (http://www.txinsoles.com/insoles-3.aspx) because they sell the material that has been made into insoles, they sell sheets, 1/2 sheets and strips.  I ordered a strip (1/16 inch) enough for 2 pairs)) on monday and received them on wednesday, free shipping.  I cut them, inserted and pain and blister free.

So if anyone needs some cushioning that is my experience.

Happy Trails,

Flying Tortoise