[pct-l] Which Book to Read ??

Sym Blanchard symbiosis222 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:02:58 CST 2011

Shroomer,

You are my inspiration!

You must have passed me on Mount Diablo this last weekend.

What does CHD stand for?

Symbiosis

__________________________________

Message: 22

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:49:22 -0800

From: Scott Williams <baidarker at gmail.com>

Subject: Re: [pct-l] Which Book to Read ??

To: Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes <diane at santabarbarahikes.com>

Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net

<AANLkTimTtoacWizRVE+FMD2n9v_gTiXiBM9iGNN1XRSD at mail.gmail.com>

That's great Diane, and puts some reality in the mix. I wondered whether it

was really feasible for someone who's been in shoes for years and years to

switch. It obviously is how we got around for the 2 million years before we

started flint knapping and making tools, and tanning leather, but I am way

far from that as far as what my bones and muscle can do at this age.

However, I've been suffering from PF in my left heal since WA, and couldn't

seem to get it to go away. I read Born to Run, and 2 weeks ago, pulled out

the extra cushioning I've had in my shoes since my feet began to hurt, and

noticed immediate relief. After a climb up and run down Diablo, I pulled

out the rest of the arch support and fancy insole, and the relief got even

better. So, last week I pulled out the insole that came with the shoe, and

am now running and hiking on what is as close to a flat surface without

padding, as I could manage without getting new shoes, and it's feeling

great. Over the past 7 days I've climbed Diablo 3 times, 13 to 18 miles, 4

to 5,000 verticle foot climbs, running long parts of it, and gone

chanterelling for 3 more days, which is totally crazy bushwacking up and

down steep stuff, and my feet are markedly improved. And Mango, no vitamin

I needed after all these foot pounders. I think I was over medicating the

PF with all the cushioning I've used in the past few months. The relief has

really suprised me.

My wife Katie says I definately have a terminal case of CHD. I need a psych

on trail!!!

Shroomer