[pct-l] Mojave: March 25 - April 3

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Fri Feb 11 00:37:03 CST 2011

I did Pine Canyon Road to Walker Pass over long weekends in Jan Feb and March one year. We managed to dodge the storms although one of the drives to the trail head had enough rain to flood every dip on Hwy 395. A foot of snow hid the trail in Landers Meadow but only once did we turn a gps on to verify we were on the trail. We had heavy fog/light steady rain on one ridge and frost several nights. Thankfully we dodged the worst of the storms but it could easily have been worse.

A positive: the aqueduct walk was a delight on New Years Day with 65 degrees, snow on the peaks around us, and getting to know new friends we met on line to hike this section with.

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net