[pct-l] Alcohol Fuel resupply on the trail

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:02:40 CST 2011

HEET and denatured both work fine with alcohol stoves.

If you mail HEET or denatured, you must use surface mail and label your box
properly.  Info for mailing is here:

http://www.gottawalk.com/shipping_fuel.htm

<http://www.gottawalk.com/shipping_fuel.htm>Using surface mail will most
likely cause a delay in your shipping.  I recommend you pick up your HEET or
denatured in towns as you pass through.  Sure, it might be cheaper to buy a
gallon of fuel at home and then mail smaller quantities to yourself, but
it's just not practical.  In my experience, USPS Priority Mail is the best
way to make sure your packages reach you on the trail.  Fuel cannot be
mailed Priority ('cause those boxes usually travel by plane).

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com