[pct-l] Lightening risks using external frame pack?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Feb 9 18:46:07 CST 2011

But I LOVE my iron shoes!

They let me cross deep, swift streams without hiking poles or fear of being
swept downstream.
The porcupine or marmot that could carry even one of them away at night has
yet to be born.
Even the fangs of a Gaboon Viper can't penetrate them; I laugh at
rattlesnakes.
There's no need to risk my fingers pounding in tent stakes with a rock; I
just step on them.
Accurately thrown, they will kill the largest Black Bear at 20 feet and
knock a grizzly senseless at 10.

Wandering Bob

On 2011-02-09, at 6:27 PM, "William A. Chavez" <wctrekker at dslextreme.com>