[pct-l] Steripens

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:33:40 CST 2011

We used a Steripen Adventurer last year and no problems. You do need a hard
sided liter container to use it, and it is best if it is clear so you can
see the light. We got about 35 liters per set of batteries vs the claimed
55. We also carried Katadyn Micropur tablets for backup, cloudy water, and
for speed in water collection. Sometimes we were in a hurry, and it was
fastest to treat one or two liters for immediate consumption, and throw
pills in any water we didn't need for 30 minutes (or preferably 4 hours). I
ordered a bunch of batteries online for it, at a huge discount from buying
them locally.

--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html