[pct-l] ULA Ohm

Jared Slucter jared.slucter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 19:35:07 CST 2011

I thru-hiked last year with an Ohm. It was great. An ideal intersection for
me of durability, light weight, right amount of space, and comfort. Carrying
the bear canister did totally suck, though. It wouldn't fit horizontally in
the pack. I would fit vertically, but not with enough space to stuff enough
soft things behind it to keep it from pressing VERY uncomfortably against my
spine. So I ended up strapping it on top, where it fell off pretty often.
But the amount of time you spend carrying the bear can is pretty small in
the grand scheme of things. With a 9lb base weight I have a feeling the
circuit will be waaay to big for you.

-Sneezes